Released February, 2010
The Pros:Extensive feature set for this price, including multiple SATA 3 and USB 3.0 connections. Very receptive to overclocking, very few adjustments required. BIOS interface is better laid-out than previous Gigabyte boards.
The Cons:RAM compatibility range is noticeably lower than other Gigabyte motherboards. Installation of RAM is a bit of a hassle, tends to require BIOS adjustments. Tech support relating to this item and its warranty is frustrating and unaccommodating.
The Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD6 is an ATX form factor motherboard that supports Intel LGA1156 format CPUs. This is nearly identical to the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P, but has slightly faster PCI-E architecture and the ability to completely clear the CMOS with the push of a button.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
In other ways they are the same, including support for both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technology allowing video cards from either series to be linked together for shared processing. The system supports up to 16GB of DDR3 memory at up to 2600 MHz. Onboard audio supports 7.1 Dolby Home Theater surround sound, and dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports support connections to two separate LANs. A number of PCI-E slots and SATA connections are available for expansion, and 2 eSATA ports are also available on the back. USB support includes version 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0.
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Intel LGA1156 CPU slot, supports Intel Core i7 series, Intel Core i5 series
- 6 x DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB of system memory
- Support for DDR3 2600+/2200/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- Onboard audio: Realtek ALC889, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for Dolby Home Theater, S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 2 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet, RTL8111D chips
- Support for Teaming, Smart Dual LAN
- 1 PCI Express x16, 1 PCI Express x8, 1 PCI Express x4, 2 PCI Express x1, 2 PCI slots
- Support for ATI CrossFireX/ NVIDIA SLI technology
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10
- 2 x eSATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- PS/2 keyboard/mouse port, coaxial S/PDIF Out connector, optical S/PDIF Out connector, 2 x IEEE 1394a ports, 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 6 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports, 2 x eSATA/USB Combo connectors, 2 x RJ-45 ports, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/ Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP
User Reviews (1)
Extensive feature set for this price, including multiple SATA 3 and USB 3.0 connections
Very receptive to overclocking, very few adjustments required
BIOS interface is better laid-out than previous Gigabyte boards
Higher USB amp power than many competing boards
Chipset heatsinks do a good job maintaining reasonable overall temperatures
RAM compatibility range is noticeably lower than other Gigabyte motherboards
Installation of RAM is a bit of a hassle, tends to require BIOS adjustments
Tech support relating to this item and its warranty is frustrating and unaccommodating
You may also like...