Released September, 2009
The Pros:Integrated support for 7.1-channel sound setups. Great overclocking capabilities--can handle multiple overclocked components with ease. Smart Boost OC allows for one touch overclocking.
The Cons:Front audio connector may be too far for some cases to reach.
The Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 is an ATX format motherboard that supports Intel LGA1156 formatted CPUs. This is nearly identical to the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, the differences being a slightly faster PCI-E slot and faster DDR3 support.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The two eSATA ports are also set to be combination ports with USB connectors, allowing flexible use of both. Audio is handled through a Dolby Home Theater supported 7.1 channel system that outputs to a coaxial and optical S/PDIF. Dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports allow connections to more than one LAN, and allow the computer to act as a network switch. Support for ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technology enables the use of multiple video cards connected together to share graphics processing load.
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Intel LGA1156 CPU slot, support for Intel Core i7 series, Intel Core i5 series
- 4 x DDR3 DIMM, up to 16 GB of system memory
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2600+/2200/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC889A, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for Dolby Home Theater, S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 2 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet, RTL8111D chips
- Support for Teaming, Smart Dual LAN
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x8, 1 x PCI Express x4, 2 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI slots
- Support for ATI CrossFireX/ NVIDIA SLI technology
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10
- 2 x eSATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Up to 14 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- PS/2 keyboard/mouse port, coaxial S/PDIF Out connector, optical S/PDIF Out connector, 2 x IEEE 1394a ports, 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 2 x eSATA/USB Combo connectors, 2 x RJ-45 ports, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/ Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP
User Reviews (1)
Integrated support for 7.1-channel sound setups.
Great overclocking capabilities--can handle multiple overclocked components with ease.
Smart Boost OC allows for one touch overclocking.
For the most part, the layout is well-spaced and logical.
Installing a RAID setup is very easy and painless.
Solid BIOS layout that's easy to navigate even for the uninitiated.
Front audio connector may be too far for some cases to reach.
You may also like...