Released September, 2009
The Pros:Runs solid and predictable over a long period of time, good for a 24/7 machine. Includes plenty of USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. SATA RAID support works well, very easy to set up.
The Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P is an ATX format motherboard that supports Intel LGA1156 format CPUs. This is similar to the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R, but has more of a focus on providing a high quality multimedia experience.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
On-board high definition audio support has been expanded to include Dolby Home Theater standards on 7.1 channels, and both coax and optical S/PDIF connectors are available. Video card support has been increased as well, now supporting both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technology to enable additional cards to share the graphics processing load. A second Ethernet port has also been added, allowing for connection to a second 10/100/1000 network. Most other features remain the same, including up to 16 GB of DDR3 memory support and 6 SATA connectors that can be set in RAID configurations.
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Intel LGA1156 CPU slot, supports Intel Core i7 series, Intel Core i5 series
- 4 x DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB of system memory
- Support for DDR3 2200/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- Onboard audio: Realtek ALC889A, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for Dolby Home Theater, S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 2 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet, RTL8111D chips
- Support for Teaming, Smart Dual LAN
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x8, 3 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI slots
- Support for ATI CrossFireX/ NVIDIA SLI technology
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10
- 2 x eSATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Up to 14 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- PS/2 keyboard or PS/2 mouse port, coaxial S/PDIF Out connector, optical S/PDIF Out connector, 2 x IEEE 1394a ports, 10 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 2 x eSATA 3Gb/s ports, 2 x RJ-45 ports, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/ Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft® Windows 7/Vista/XP
User Reviews (2)
runs solid and predictable over a long period of time, good for a 24/7 machine
includes plenty of USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
SATA RAID support works well, very easy to set up
onboard audio does a great job, very clear and distortion-free, with great outputs for home theater systems
BIOS is intuitive to navigate and easy to work with, good overclocking settings
good support for both CrossFireX and SLI setups
can handle the full 16Gb of high-speed RAM
You may also like...