Released October, 2008
The Pros:Great for legacy hardware - 5x PCI slots, a parallel port and a serial port. Good layout - slots and SATA connectors are well placed. A good choice for upgrading older systems.
The Cons:Aging product - increasingly difficult to find. Lacks DDR3 memory support - DDR2 only. Based on the older LGA 775 chipset - not Core i3/i5/i7 compatible.
The Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G is an ATX format motherboard built to support Intel LGA 775 format CPU chips. The design is built to support older components, and includes a parallel and serial port for peripherals that don't use a USB interface.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The supported memory is in DDR2 format, and can be up to 16 GB in total capacity. On-board audio support outputs high definition audio in up to 7.1 channels through a coaxial S/PDIF connector, and a 10/100/1000 Ethernet port is also built in, eliminating the need for add-on cards to cover these functions. A PCI-E x16 and PCI-E x1 slot are available for faster components, and 5 PCI slots are available as well. IDE and floppy disk drive connectors enable the use of non-SATA drives as well.
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 21cm
- Intel LGA 775 CPU slot, support for Intel Core 2 Extreme, Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium D, Intel Pentium 4 processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium 4 processor, Intel Celeron
- Front Side Bus: 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz FSB
- North Bridge: Intel P43 Express Chipset
- South Bridge: Intel ICH10
- 4 x DDR2 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR2 1200/1066/800/667 MHz
- Built-in audio: Realtek ALC888, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for S/PDIF Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111C chip
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 5 x PCI slots
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x IDE connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- PS/2 keyboard port, PS/2 mouse port, parallel port, serial port, coaxial S/PDIF Out connector, 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, RJ-45 ports, 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows Vista/ XP
User Reviews (1)
great for legacy hardware - 5x PCI slots, a parallel port and a serial port
good layout - slots and SATA connectors are well placed
a good choice for upgrading older systems
lots of advanced BIOS features
aging product - increasingly difficult to find
lacks DDR3 memory support - DDR2 only
based on the older LGA 775 chipset - not Core i3/i5/i7 compatible
lacks USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps
You may also like...