The Pros:100% quality Japanese constructed solid state design. 2 Ethernet ports with Teaming support. 3-way CrossFireX & 3-way SLI support.
expensive. Potential cooling issues with 3-way CrossFireX and 3-way SLI.
The Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME is a high-end motherboard built on the X58 chipset and provides support for the Intel Core i7 processor through the LGA 1366 socket. Gigabyte’s EXTREME features support for triple channel DDR3 memory up to 24GB through 6 slots.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The board also includes 3 PCI Express 2.0 slots, 1 PCI Express x4 slot, 1 PCI-E x1 slot and 2 additional PCI slots for extra peripherals. This motherboard provides 8-channel HD audio supporting Dolby Home Theater surround sound thanks to the integrated Realtek sound card. Also included is a 2 gigabit Ethernet ports, 8 USB 2.0 ports and 2 IEEE 1394a FireWire ports. The EXTREME also supports 3-way CrossFireX and 3-way SLI in order to maximize users' graphics processing potential. Non-experts will likely find the onboard LED light system useful for troubleshooting common hardware issues, such as unsafe northbridge and memory temperatures. Users looking for a high-end X58 motherboard with a wide range of features will likely find the Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME more than acceptable.
- CPU support: Intel Core i7
- Chipset: Intel X58
- Socket: LGA 1366
- Memory Support: Triple Channel DDR3 2100+/1333/1066/800 up to 24GB maximum
- Audio Chipset: Realtek ALC889A
- Audio: 7.1 Dual Channel HD Audio with Dolby Home Theater surround sound
- LAN Chipset: 2 x Realtek 8111D; gigabit LAN with Teaming support
- Supports 3-way ATI CrossfireX & 3-way NVIDA SLI technology
- 3 PCI-E 2.0 ports, 1 PCI-E x4 slots, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI slots
- 8 USB 2.0 Ports, 2 IEEE 1394a FireWire ports
- 10 SATA connectors
- Support for Dual BIOS
- Dimensions: 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- ATX Form Factor
- Certified for Windows Vista
User Reviews (3)
100% quality Japanese constructed solid state design
2 Ethernet ports with Teaming support
3-way CrossFireX & 3-way SLI support
supports Intel i7 processors, DDR3 RAM
dual BIOS for the avoidance of an unrecoverable corrupted BIOS
potential cooling issues with 3-way CrossFireX and 3-way SLI
You may also like...