Released April, 2009
The Pros:Stylish, colourful aesthetic looks great in windowed cases. BIOS is very amenable to adjustment, relative to other Gigabyte models. Easy access to SATA connectors with lots of room around each.
The Cons:ATX12v connection is a bit of a stretch for bottom-PSU cases. BIOS has a somewhat steep learning curve and individual settings must be taken off AUTO mode.
The Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R is an ATX format motherboard that accepts Intel CPUs in LGA 775 format. This is nearly identical to the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR, with one less PCI-E x1 slot and the addition of FireWire support.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This is a lower cost alternative to the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, enabling construction of a home media PC that will work with a video camera that uses FireWire. This motherboard has one PCI-E x16 and a single 10/100/1000 Ethernet port, but otherwise the two boards are very similar. 6 SATA connections are available with full RAID support, and high definition audio is available through coaxial or optical ports that can run directly to a home entertainment system.
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Intel LGA 775 CPU slot, supports Intel Core 2 Extreme, Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium D, Intel Pentium 4 processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium 4, Intel Celeron
- Front Side Bus: 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz
- North Bridge: Intel P45 Express Chipset
- South Bridge: Intel ICH10R
- 4 x DDR2 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR2 1366+*/1066/800/667 MHz memory modules
- Built-in Audio: Realtek ALC889A, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111C chip
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 3 x PCI Express x1, 3 x PCI slots
- 6x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, and RAID 10
- 1 x IDE connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 3 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- PS/2 mouse port, PS/2 keyboard/mouse port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, coaxial S/PDIF Out connector, 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 2 x IEEE 1394a ports, RJ-45 ports, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line)
- Support for Microsoft Windows Vista/ XP
User Reviews (1)
Stylish, colourful aesthetic looks great in windowed cases
BIOS is very amenable to adjustment, relative to other Gigabyte models
Easy access to SATA connectors with lots of room around each
Very receptive to overclocking
Solid build construction and good port options for this price range
ATX12v connection is a bit of a stretch for bottom-PSU cases
BIOS has a somewhat steep learning curve and individual settings must be taken off AUTO mode
You may also like...