Released January, 2008
The Pros:Gigabit LAN. 12 USB Ports. HDCP Complient.
The Cons:No PCIe x16 (2.0) Slot.
The Gigabyte GA-EG43M-S2H is a micro-ATX motherboard that supports Intel LGA 775 format processors. The motherboard covers most basic functions with built-in components, but doesn't offer any PCI-E x16 slots for expandability.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A large number of external ports are available, however, including PS/2 format, USB 1.1 and 2.0, eSATA, and FireWire. DDR2 format memory is used up to a maximum of 8GB, and is shared between general processing and the on-board graphics through the North Bridge system. Video output is available through D-Sub, DVI-D or HDMI port. High definition audio is supplied through a Realtek chipset that outputs to standard audio ports as well as an optical S/PDIF connector.
- Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
- Intel LGA 775 CPU slot, support for Intel Core 2 Extreme, Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Pentium Dual-Core, Intel Celeron
- Front Side Bus: 1333/1066/800 MHz FSB
- North Bridge: Intel G43 Chipset
- South Bridge: Intel ICH10
- 4 x DDR2 DIMM sockets, up to 8 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR2 800/667 MHz memory modules
- Onboard Graphics Integrated in the North Bridge
- Built-in audio: Realtek ALC888 codec, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111C chip
- 1 x PCI Express x4, 1 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI slots
- 5 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port
- 1 x IDE connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 2 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- PS/2 keyboard or PS/2 mouse port, D-Sub port, DVI-D port, HDMI port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, eSATA 3Gb/s port, IEEE 1394a port, 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, RJ-45 port, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows Vista/XP
User Reviews (3)
You may also like...