EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI
Released March, 2008
The Pros:Looks great - features a black/green design. Great for overclocking - integrates large onboard heatsinks. Lifetime manufacturer warranty (requires registration).
The Cons:Based on an aging chipset/CPU socket. 1333Mhz memory mode only works with 2 DIMM modules. Doesn't support AMD's CrossFireX multi-GPU technology.
The eVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI is a high-end motherboard based on NVIDIA's nForce 790i Ultra SLI chipset. The eVGA 790i board provides socket LGA 775 support for Intel CPU's including Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium EE, and Pentium processors.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The eVGA 790i board features a native FSB (Front Side Bus) of 800, 1066, 1333, and 1600 MHz (Most similiar boards only allow 1600MHz through overclocking). For memory the eVGA 790i provides 4 240 pin DIMM slots with support for Dual Channel DDR3 1066, 1333, 1600 and 2000 MHz up to a maximum of 8GB. Installed expansion slots include 3 PCI-e x16, 2 PCI-e x1, 2 PCI and 2 32-bit PCI, with support for PCI 2.1. The PCI-e x16 slots enable Hybrid SLI with a choice of either Quad-SLI (9800GX2) or Tri-SLI (GeForce 8 Series). For added peripherals the motherboard also includes support for up to 10 USB 2.0 ports (6 rear panel plus 4 internal headers), 2 firewire ports, 7.1 channel HD audio, a dual gigabit LAN for double the network speed, UltraDMA133 support, and 7 SATA 300MB/sec connectors with support for RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 0+1, RAID5, JBOD. The eVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI motherboard was released on May 16, 2008 and has an MSRP of $349.99.
- CPU support: 1600MHz FSB; Intel Penryn 45nm, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium EE, and Pentium processors
- Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI
- Socket: LGA 775
- Memory Support: Dual Channel DDR3 1066/1333/1600/2000 MHz (8GB maximum)
- Graphics Options: Hybrid SLI through 3*PCIe x16 slots with Tri-SLI (GeForce 8 Series) or Quad-SLI (9800GX2) support
- Audio: 7.1-Channel HD Audio outputs
- up to 10 USB 2.0 Ports, 5 x1 PCI-E Slot (3 x16), 7 SATA-2.0 connectors with support for RAID 0, RAID1, RAID 0+1, RAID5, JBOD
- 2 Firewire ports
- UltraDMA133 support
- Dual Gigabit LAN Connection
- Dimensions (LxW): 12.0in by 9.6in; ATX Form Factor
- Release Date: 03/16/2008
- MSRP: $349.99
User Reviews (1)
looks great - features a black/green design
great for overclocking - integrates large onboard heatsinks
lifetime manufacturer warranty (requires registration)
well laid-out - provides ample room for a triple-SLI setup
based on an aging chipset/CPU socket
1333Mhz memory mode only works with 2 DIMM modules
doesn't support AMD's CrossFireX multi-GPU technology
requires a BIOS update out of the box for proper RAM compatibility
You may also like...