Asus P6T WS PRO
Released January, 2008
The Pros:Utilizes high quality components. Supports the latest/fastest Intel processors and DDR3 memory. SLI and CrossFireX support.
The Cons:Very expensive.
The Asus P6T WS PRO is a high-end motherboard built on the X58 chipset and provides support for the Intel Core i7 processor through the LGA 1366 socket. Asus’ P6T WS PRO features support for triple channel DDR3 memory up to 12GB through 6 slots.
The board also includes 2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots, 1 PCI Express x1 slot, 2 PCI-X slots, and 1 additional PCI slot for extra peripherals. This motherboard provides 8-channel HD audio surround sound thanks to the integrated ADI AD2000B sound card. Also included are 2 gigabit Ethernet ports, 6 USB 2.0 ports and 1 IEEE 1394a FireWire port. The P6T WS PRO also supports 2-way CrossFireX and 2-way SLI in order to maximize users' graphics processing potential. The board also features high quality Japanese-made capacitors, in order to prolong component life and minimize power loss. Users looking for a high-end X58 motherboard with a wide range of features will likely find the Asus P6T WS PRO more than acceptable.
- CPU support: Intel Core i7
- Chipset: Intel X58
- Socket: LGA 1366
- Memory Support: Triple Channel DDR3 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/up to 12GB maximum
- Audio Chipset: ADI AD2000B
- Audio: 7.1 HD Audio surround sound
- LAN: 2 gigabit LAN ports (with teaming support)
- Supports ATI CrossfireX & NVIDA SLI technology (2-way)
- 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 ports, 1 PCI-E x1 slot, 2 PCI-X slots, 1 PCI slot
- 6 USB 2.0 Ports, 1 IEEE 1394a FireWire port
- 6 SATA 3GB/s connectors
- RAID function supplied by a Marvell controller
- ATX Form Factor (12.0" x 9.6")
User Reviews (6)
utilizes high quality components
supports the latest/fastest Intel processors and DDR3 memory
SLI and CrossFireX support
proprietary Asus EPU energy saving technology - reduces power consumption and heat/noise
Express Gate - Linux based OS boots in 5 seconds, allows users to connect to the net and utilize standard applications without booting Windows
You may also like...